And just like that 2020 comes to an end. An year with ups and lockdowns, lol, is bidding adieu. It is the time when the world welcomes another year, with another set of hopes, expectations, vaccine and ambitions. New year’s eve is a great time to look back at the year that was. All the sad, happy, excited, hopeless and quarantine moments flash by as we prepare to bid goodbye to the year. As we all plan to have a house party on the new year’s eve, there’s no other way to rock the night other than delicious food. So if you are done with the decor and invitations, get ready to plan the perfect menu for your house party. Here are some easy to go snack recipes that you can keep on the party menu.
1. Cheese and Jalapeño Kachori: A cheesy twist to your traditional street kachoris. These crispy kachoris are filled with paneer, cheese and jalapeños. These can even be baked or fried in the air fryer to cut off the extra calories.
● 500 gms flour
● 1 tsp ajwain
● ¼ cup oil + for frying
● 1 tsp salt
● 100 gms paneer
● 100 gms cheese
● ½ cup jalapeños chopped
a. Sieve flour, add oil, salt, ajwain and knead a soft dough.
b. In a bowl, take crumbled paneer, cheese, chopped jalapeños, salt and black pepper.
c. Now roll out small rotis, stuff it with the paneer filling and give it a shape of kachori.
d. Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil or fry it in air fryer.
e. Serve with tomato ketchup.
2. Idli Burger : A fusion of south Indian and American cuisine which takes your culinary skills on top. Two classics from two countries, idlis and burgers- come together to make a fusion dish like no other.
● Leftover idlis
● Mint chutney
● Sliced tomatoes
● Sliced onions
● 1 cup oil
● Diced and boiled mixed vegetables of your choice
● 1 tsp maida
● Pinch of turmeric
● ½ tsp chilli powder
● ½ tsp coriander powder
● ½ tsp garam masala
● ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
● Fresh coriander
● Oil to shallow fry
a. Heat oil and fry idlis till golden brown.
b. Apply mint chutney on the fried idlis.
c. Saute onion add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute for a minute.
d. Add boiled vegetables and mash it properly
e. Now add maida, coriander leaves and salt. Now shallow fry the cutlets.
f. Now assemble the burger by placing cutlet, onions and tomatoes between the idlis.
3. Apple Jalebi: The best pick for dessert are these hot apple jalebis served with ice cream. Sweet slices of apples coated with a thin batter, freid crisp and golden and finally dipped in sugar syrup.
● 2 medium apples, slices and cored
● 1 cup maida
● 1 cup sugar
● Saffron strands
● ¼ tsp cardamom powder
● ½ tsp dry yeast
● 1 tsp rose water
● Pistachios for garnish
● Ice cream for serving
a. Combine sugar and water in a deep pan to make syrup.
b. Add saffron, and boil again to make a thick syrup.
c. Heat ghee in a kadhai.
d. Combined yeast with lukewarm water and set it aside.
e. Combine flour, cardamom powder and yeast mixture in a bowl.
f. Add water and set aside for 15 minutes.
g. Add rose water and mix it.
h. Dip apples in the mixture and deep fry till golden brown.
i. Now soak the jalebis in sugar syrup for a minute.
j. Serve apple jalebis with ice cream