1. Cool Cool Showers: Cold showers are well known for boosting immunity and give you radiant and flawless skin. Bathing with cold water also boost metabolism and gives longevity. I know its quite tough to have a shower in this whether but try it once and your will get good results.
2. Sound Sleep: A good sound sleep is all you need to be healthy. Take a core 7 hour sleep in night hours and opt for 30 minutes power nap during the day time. Keep technology at bay and have a warm champi malish for a restful sleep. Go for a noise free space at home if you folks are having a fun time.
3. Eat with Brains: Mindful eating is all about paying attention to what you eat before bedtime. Have decent and light meals before sleeping. Practice good chewing habits and avoid talking while having meals. Distractions like television and smart phones may let you eat more than your appetite.
4. Walk often: Don’t be seated all the day long. It’s bad for you. Life is not some 9 to 6 job so move more. Get standing, even at your work place. Try keeping your physical body in shape. Don’t use elevators, opt for stairs. Do plenty of stretching. Make time for exercises. Burn calories to be healthy.
5. Do Nothing: Spare some time doing nothing. Sit back and relax for at least 15 minutes a day. This is what I do to meditate. This helps you to observe your thoughts and be non judgmental. It is my tried and tested formula that I personally prefer to think positively and maintain good mental health.
6. Fasting: Fasting is a sure shot way to boost metabolism. Try skipping breakfast or dinner for two days a week and eat normally the other days. Fasting provides rest to your stomach and fills you with energy.
7. Apply 20-20-20 rule: Don’t like glasses? Follow a 20-20-20 rule and don’t strain your eyes. The best way to do that is to look 20 feet away for 20 seconds after 20 minutes. Eye exercises or eye stretches make your eye sight better.
8. Take short breaks: Short breaks in between work rejuvenate and give that extra punch of energy. So if you are working for an hour take a break of 15 minutes and that resume your working. This helps charging your batteries and you can return back to your important work with a fresh start.
9. Have a no-tech time: We are surrounded by technology. From our smart phones to our automated vehicles, technology has dominated our lives. Take a break from technology and start spending some time with your loves ones. Read books, plant trees or paint. This will release stress and make you happy and healthy.
10. Cook a Meal: Cooking is something that is loved by almost everyone. Try prepping some delicious meal or desserts whenever you get time.
Maintaining healthy habits will lead you on the road of a healthy lifestyle. Try these simple hacks and share your experience.