Biscuits are everywhere. Be it a small tea shop or gourmet food store, a section is always reserved for biscuits. They are handy and enjoyed by almost everybody. A pack of biscuits is enough to kill those hunger pangs. This tasty snack never fail to save you from a sudden hunger attack.
And weather you are hungry or not, you atleast need one to have with your tea or coffee. Although these are easily available but nothing can beat the taste and aroma of a fresh home baked batch. Homemade biscuits are special as they are made with love and pure ingredients. If you are planning to bake the next batch at home, here are some easy to go recipes to help you right away.
1. Butter Biscuits: Crumbly, soft and melt-in-mouth biscuits that are loved by young and adults alike. You need only 3 ingredients to bake these rich and aromatic biscuits.
● 1 ¾ cups maida
● ½ cup powdered sugar
● 1 cup butter
● A pinch of salt
● 1 tsp vanilla essence
a. Combine butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream it gently.
b. Add vanilla essence and flour and knead a soft dough without using water.
c. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
d. Take out the dough and divide it in two equal portions.
e. Roll out the dough into a circle of 8 mm diameter. Cut small roundels with the help of a cookie cutter.
f. Make more cookies with the help of remaining dough.
g. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven for about 15 mins at 180 degrees.
h. Cool the cookies and store in air tight container.
2. Kesar Pista Biscuits : A popular India biscuit with rich and soft texture. I prefer adding a dash of jaiphal into the dough for that extra spice.
● ¼ tsp saffron strands
● 1 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
● 1 tsp warm milk
● ¼ cup ghee
● 5 tbsp powdered sugar
● ¼ tsp cardomom powder
● a pinch of jaiphal
● ¾ cup of plain flour
● 5 tsp milk
● 1 tbsp chopped almonds
1. Combine saffron and warm milk in a small bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Combine ghee and sugar in a bowl and mix well with a beater.
3. Add saffron milk, cardomom amd nutmeg powder. Mix well.
4. Add plain flour and knead it into a soft dough with help of milk.
5. Divide the dough into two equal portions.
6. Roll it well and sprinkle pistachios and almonds over the rolled dough
7. Roll it again and cut into squares using a cookie cutter or a sharp knife.
8. Make more biscuits following the same steps.
9. Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
10. Cool and store in an air tight container.
This winter, bake a fresh batch of biscuits at home and enjoy it with a hot cup of tea. You can also replace plain flour with whole wheat flour. We are sure you are gonna love these recipes. Do let us know about your experiences while baking biscuits at home.
Read also this – Crunchy Cookies Recipe