And here comes the festivals of Santa, wishes and desserts. Kids love this festival for many reasons and the most common reason is that they get lots of chocolates, cakes and desserts to eat. Indulging into the sweet treats is their favorite part. However, mothers always get plenty of stress with increasing sweet intake of their children. In this article we are here with some healthy dessert recipes your kids can munch on during the holiday season.
Even picky eaters will fall in love with these desserts as these are super scrumptious and have all the healthy ingredients. So without wasting any time, let’s have a look at some quick, healthy and tasty Christmas Dessert recipes.
1. Peanut Butter Balls:
Believe me, this is one of the easiest and the most delicious desserts for your toddler. All you need is a cup of peanut butter, some rice cereal and maple syrup.
½ peanut butter
¾ cup rice cereal
1 teaspoon honey
½ cup dark chocolate melted
1. Combine peanut butter, rice cereal and honey in a bowl.
2. Roll them into small roundels.
3. Line a baking tin using parchment paper. Place the prepared roundels on it and freeze it for fifteen minutes.
4. Now roll the balls into melted chocolate and put it again on the parchment paper.
5. Freeze them for about 15 minutes more.
6. Keep it in an airtight container and store upto 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
2. Strawberry Yogurt:
Fresh and fruity, this frozen yogurt is a healthier version of regular icecreams. Just whip a batch and you are all set to serve it to your toddler.
500 gram low fat yogurt
150 grams strawberries
¼ cup icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
1. Slice the strawberries, and top it with icing sugar and lemon juice. Let it sit for half an hour.
2. Blend honey, yogurt and strawberries together and pour the mixture into a container.
3. Refrigerate it for 2 hours. Take it out and churn it again to break the ice crystals. Place it again for 2 hours.
4. Repeat the freezing and churning process thrice and let it rest in the refrigerator for one more hour.
5. Serve it chilled once it is set.
3. Healthy Banana Bread:
Packed with the goodness of nuts and richness of bananas, this banana bread recipe is a must have for the holiday season.
½ cup mashed bananas
¼ cup chopped walnuts
5 tbsp castor sugar
½ cup melted butter
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ cup milk
1. Beat mashed banana, castor sugar and butter in a deep bowl with the help of an electric beater.
2. Fold in the flour, baking soda and milk and beat it again at medium speed for 1 minute.
3. Coat walnuts in flour and add it to the batter. Mix well with a spatula.
4. Prepare the cake tin by greasing it with melted butter and dusting with the flour.
5. Empty the batter into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 35 minutes.
7. Let it cool completely and serve it warm.
Did we skip anything? Let us know what you are going to make this Christmas? Share some healthy recipes with us in the comment section below.