Ever felt that mother-in-laws are one of the most toughest people to buy gifts for? I often get these thoughts each year on Karva Chauth when my mummy ji beams in happiness. She feels so proud seeing me sacrificing for her son. I see joy in her eyes and love in her actions as she does all the efforts to make the day special for me. From making arrangements to preparing things in advance she never leaves any stone unturned!! I guess every mother-in-law does the same so dear daughter-in-laws, this Karva Chauth, its time to make efforts for your mother-in-law and make her feel extra special. If you are wondering for a perfect gift to make your mom more happy, we are here to help you with some fun-loving ideas to make her day memorable.
1. A traditional red dupatta : Remind your mother-in-law of her wedding by giving her a traditional red embroidered dupatta. It reflects your love for your culture and the importance of it for your family. Red dupatta is a symbol of wifehood and a successful marriage. Select one with a handloom fabric and hand embroidery that will add value to the gift.
2. Sponsor a trip : More than a product or a thing, you can gift your mother-in-law an experience that she would never forget. A trip to cherish all her life. Sponsor a trip to a destination that she always wanted to visit. They have been pampering you all their lives now its your turn to give them a break to rejuvenate. You can make it just perfect by taking the whole family along.
3. Subscription services : This one is on the top of our list. Gift her different subscriptions of things that she likes. Maybe magazines, beauty products, food boxes, make-up, salon treatment subscriptions. This gift idea is going to surprise her every month and she is gonna enjoy it.
4. Closet essentials: Gifting her a permanent member of her closet can be exquisitely emotional and heartfelt. A sassy handbag, a luxury perfume, make-up products, a traditional saree or a classy footwear are some of the examples. Gift her a designer watch to add charm to her overall look.
5. Cook for her: If your mother-in-law is a true foodie, gift her a treasure of flavors. Cook a delicious meal for her with all her favorite things on the menu. Surprise her when she least expects it. It’s the little things that matter and moreover this will be a unique experience for her. A home cooked meal on a fasting day would be a perfect gift for your mother-in-law.
6. Jewelry to shine: Gifting precious jewelry is a part of Indian tradition. A jewelry set will be a good choice for a gift for mother-in-law as it will make its way to being a part of the family tradition. Gift her a beautiful jewelry set on this auspicious occasion and see her heart melting.
We hope your relationship with your mother-in-law gets stronger this Karva Chauth, gifts are just a way to add more sugar in the bond. What are you planning to give to your mother-in-law. Let us know in the comment section below.