Cottage cheese or paneer- love of every vegetarian family of India. A common ingredient found in the kitchen of every family which is rich in proteins and is equally tasty. Be it koftas, kebabs, gravies or kheer, paneer can be used in any of the course of the meal. It can also be kneaded in dough or stuffed inside to make those delicious and lip smacking paneer paranthas. And you the best part sprinkle some chaat masala over paneer cubes and tuck them raw. Cooking paneer recipes is also not difficult at all just decide how you want to keep it and you have a winner at hand. Let’s toss some salads and cook some delicious dessert with paneer today.
1. Paneer and Apple Salad:
Are you on diet and looking to have something healthy? This unique salad is a combination of both health and taste. Goodness of olives and chickpeas, that crunchy apples and spiced paneer is a very good option for dinner.
• 150 grams chickpeas, soaked and boiled
• 100 grams paneer cubed
• Cumin powder
• Coriander powder
• Red chili powder
• Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 apple diced
• Green olives
• Few lettuce leaves chopped
• 1 tbsp oil
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Black pepper powder
1. Make a simple spice paste by adding cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, and oil and lemon juice.
2. Add paneer cubes in the spice paste and keep aside for 15 minutes for marination.
3. Heat oil in fry pan and fry paneer until golden and crisp.
4. Mix vinegar, black pepper powder, olive oil and salt in a bowl to make the dressing.
5. Now add chickpeas, apple, olives, lettuce and paneer in a bowl, add the dressing and toss the salad.
6. Serve and enjoy.
2. Apple Sandesh:
A perfect balance of tradition and modernity, this is a delicious dessert that can be made in minutes. These quick balls of sandesh are very easy to make and are topped with apple and saffron for a rich aroma. Whip it in minutes and serve it at your kitty.
• 5 tbsp grated apples
• ¼ tsp saffron strands
• ½ tsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp sugar
• ½ cup chopped paneer
• 2 tbsp powdered sugar
• 4 tsp milk
1. Combine saffron with little water in a pan and cook for 30 seconds on medium heat.
2. Add lemon juice, sugar, apples and ½ tbsp of water. Mix and cook for 8-10 minutes.
3. Combine paneer, sugar and milk in a mixture and blend till smooth.
4. Transfer the mixture in deep bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll each portion into ball.
6. Flatten it lightly and make a depression in the centre using index finger.
7. Just before serving, fill each depression with the apple mixture.
8. Serve immediately.