Cheese, an ingredient loved by more than half of the world’s population. Oh that creamy texture, when added to any dish enhances its taste and makes it super yummy. Think of a dreamy pizza with melted cheese, a hot bowl of mac n cheese a heavenly cheese sandwich. These drooling recipes will melt your heart just in a bite. There are over 2000 variety of cheese and we Indians know just a couple of them. So today I will be taking you on a journey of lip smacking cheesy recipes to try on.
1. Cheese Poppers: A melt in your mouth treat, which can never melt from your memory. It is a great hit with my folks and it is a great after school snack for kids.
• 5 amul cheese slices
• ¾ cup plain flour
• 1 ½ cup bread crumbs
• Oil for deep frying
• 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
• 1 tsp dry chilli flakes
• Salt to taste
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
a. Combine maida with ¾ cup of water and make a smooth batter.
b. Mix all the herbs along with chilli flakes, salt and black pepper and divide it into 5 equal portions.
c. Take a cheese slice. Now put one portion of herb mixture on one end and roll the slice tightly.
d. Cut the roll into 3 pieces.
e. Dip each piece into plain flour batter and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
f. Heat oil in a kadai and fry the cheese poppers till they are golden brown.
g. Serve hot with schezwan sauce.
2. Cheese and Spring Onion Samosa: Unlike common samosa, cheese and spring onion samosas have totally different stuffing and are unique in taste.
• 1 cup maida
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
• 1 ¾ cup grated processed cheese
• ½ cup chopped spring onions
• 4 tsp dry red chilli flakes
1. Combine maida with oil and salt and mix well till it forms a crumbly texture
2. Add water and Knead stiff dough and keep aside.
3. Now mix cheese, spring onions, salt and chilli flakes for the filling.
4. Divide the dough into equal portions and make samosas by filling the mixture.
5. Heat oil and fry the samosas till they turn golden brown in color.
3. Layered Cheese and Tomatoes: A simple and fancy salad recipe that can be served as a starter as well. Rich and healthy, this recipe is enjoyed by kids and adults equally.
a. 12 tsp burrata cheese
b. 16 thick tomato slices
c. 3 tsp olive oil
d. ¼ cup basil, torn roughly
e. Sea salt and black pepper to taste
a. Place tomato slice on a flat serving plate, spread 1 tsp burrata cheese over it.
b. Place some basil leaves; pour a dash of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
c. Repeat more layers to forma stack.
d. Serve immediately.