Nothing says home like the smell of baking. Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked cakes and cookies? A bite of sinful sweet delight after a long day of meetings, appointments and assignments is enough to uplift the mood. Being a home baker I want to bring to you some quick and easy recipes that you can make in jiffy time and bake yourself happy.
3 simple recipes of tea time cakes to try at home
Quick Mug Cake
This recipe calls for lots of chocolate and lots of love too. You are definitely gonna try another after you bake one.
• ¼ cup all purpose flour
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp milkmaid
• 1/8 tsp salt
• ¼ cup milk + 1 tbsp milk
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp hazelnut spread
• Few choco chips
1. In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Add milk and oil and whisk well till mixture has no lumps.
3. Pour half batter in a microwave safe mug. Now add hazelnut spread and add the remaining half of the batter.
4. Top it with choco chips.
5. Now bake it for 2 minutes on micro mode on high.
6. Serve hot.
A stunning and delightful dessert to serve at any party. I prefer to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for that extra richness.
• 150 gms flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 50 gms diced butter
• 150 gms caster sugar
• 2 eggs
• 100 ml milk
• 3 apples, peeled cored and sliced
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together.
2. Add butter, sugar, eggs and milk and mix well to form a smooth batter.
3. Pour the batter in a greased cake tin. Top it with sliced apples.
4. Dust it with cinnamon and sugar.
5. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius.
6. Cool it and serve.
Banana and Jam Bread
Healthy bread made up with whole wheat flour, olive oil and brown sugar.
• 3 bananas
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup mixed fruit jam
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 ¼ cup wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sieve flour and soda together and keep aside.
2. Mix olive oil, sugar and jam together. Add mashed bananas and whisk again till fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and blend again for 3-4 seconds.
4. Mix in the flour gradually and make a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter in a greased tin.
6. Now bake the bread in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25-30 minutes.
7. Once done, remove the bread on a wire rack and let it cool at room temperature.
8. Serve it with chocolate sauce or a scoop of chocolate ice cream.