Introducing solids to babies is the most important phase of baby’s development. It comes with lots of questions and doubts in our mind. Will my baby eat it? Is it easily digestable? Are there any side effects of feeding this to my baby? All these are obvious concerns that pop up in every mama’s mind. Baby cereal is a top choice when introducing solids to your little ones. It is delicious, nutritious and easy to digest.
There is a variety of cereals available in market and some of them also claim to be completely natural and organic but when it comes to my baby, I don’t trust packaged foods. Hence I have started making my own cereal at home that are completely natural and free from any preservatives.
As far as babies are concerned, nothing can guarantee the freshness and nutrition than homemade baby foods. The magical ingredient added by me is love and hard work that makes it super nutritious and healthy. Try these homemade cerelac recipes at home and you will find great satisfaction in feeding it.
1. Homemade cerelac, Sathu Maavu : This recipe is packed with nutritions and can be given to babies of above 6 months of age.
● Wheat 50 gms
● Rice 50 gms
● Toor dal 10 gms
● Moong dal 10 gms
● Masoor dal 10 gms
● Dried peas 10 gms
● Chana dal 10 gms
● Jeera 1 tsp
1. Take all the ingredients except jeera and chana dal and wash them under running water.
2. Dry them in sun for 2-3 days.
3. Dry roast these ingredients one by one till they get golden color.
4. Now add chana dal and jeera and dry roast them for few minutes.
5. Grind them to a fine powder and store it in air tight container.
2. Homemade rice cerelac : This recipe has minimum ingredients and is healthy and tasty.
● 1 cup rice
● 2 tsp moong dal
● 2 tsp toor dal
● 8 almonds
1. Take all the above ingredients in a bowl and wash them properly.
2. Drain the water and let them dry completely.
3. Heat a pan and dry roast the ingredient lightly.
4. Transfer the ingredients into a plate and cool them completely.
5. Take the ingredients and grind them to a fine powder.
6. Store in an air tight container.
3. Dry fruit Cerelac : Nothing is as fulfilling as dry fruits and this recipe has the goodness of all the dried nuts.
● Milk ½ cup
● Rice ½ cup
● Jaggery 1 tbsp
● Dry ginger powder a pinch
● Almonds ¼ cup
● Cashew ¼ cup
● Corn ½ cup
1. Wash rise and dry it completely.
2. Dry roast it in a pan.
3. Wash corn seeds and let them dry for 2-3 days.
4. Take all the ingredients and grind them in fine powder.
5. Store the cerelac in an air tight container.
6. When serving, mix one tablespoon cerelac with ½ cup milk and 1 tsp of jaggery.
So, next time do not go for those packaged and processed baby foods. Try these simple recipes at home and see how your little ones are gonna love them.