Being a home baker, I want everything home baked. Be it cookies, cakes, puffs or brownies. I am very particular about my recipes and always crave for the best bakes. For years, I was unable to find a perfect recipe for brownies that met my standards. Each time I tried baking brownies, either they would turn hard or I would end up baking a chocolate sponge. I wanted to be just like the ones I ate as a kid- fudgy, moist and chocolaty with crispy edges and crackly tops. Son on my husband’s last birthday I committed him to bake gooey and moist brownies. And out of nowhere I tried my grandmother’s recipe of chocolate brownies and they turned out super amazing.
This recipe calls for basic pantry ingredients, and it is very easy to make it from scratch. As far as the taste is concerned, these brownies will turn out glossy, fudgy and filled with rich chocolate flavor. Trust me; you are going to bake them ASAP!
100 grams dark chocolate
1 1/3 cup refined flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
130 grams butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup walnuts
½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Grease an eight inch square cake tin.
2. Sift flour and baking powder.
3. Combine chocolate and butter in a large microwave bowl and soften, uncovered for a minute on Microwave HIGH (100%) or melt in a double boiler.
4. Beat in sugar and vanilla essence and blend well. Add the sifted flour, walnut kernels and milk and mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for twenty five to thirty minutes.
6. Place it on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutella Brownies: If you are a nutella lover, just like me, these 3 ingredients nutella brownies are all you need for your midnight cravings. It remains one of my favorite recipes and is go to dessert for all my potluck and kitty parties. These brownies need only 3 ingredients from your pantry and can be baked in less than 30 minutes. Adding a handful of chopped hazelnuts give it a nice crunch and are nutritious too.
• 1 ¼ cup nutella
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Grease a 9 inch square tin.
2. Beat eggs till light and fluffy. Now add nutella and beat it again.
3. Mix in flour and fold it gently. Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let it cool on a wire rack. Now cut the brownies into squares and serve it with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Brownies are loved by everyone and go well with any occasion. You can try different flavors of brownies by adding dry fruits, chocolate chips or mint.