# Trending: Dalgona Coffee Cake
Dalgona Coffee, a recipe that is breaking the internet during the lockdown days is quite easy and sinfully yummy. The recipe is trending not just because it is delicious but also because it requires 3 simple ingredients to make. The simple method of phetoing coffee got famous overnight and all of us went crazy for the age-old method of making coffee till it becomes frothy. I love baking and to satisfy my sinful cravings I tried to bake dalgona coffee cake. This coffee cake is a delicious recipe whether had by its own or combined with your favorite hot or cold beverage. The cake preparation begins with a simple process of phetoing or beating the coffee and water together. This mixture is kept aside and then added to the cake mixture. I also prepared mocha topping for the cake to give it a nice and moist flavor. The soft sponge cake combined with the velvety mocha frosting gives rise to flavors like never before. So let’s start baking a soft, moist and super yummy coffee cake for this evening.
For the cake sponge
• 150 grams castor sugar
• 2 eggs
• 150 ml oil
• 150 ml milk
• 2 tbsp condensed milk
• 175 grams maida
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp coffee powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
For the coffee cream filling
• 150 ml whipping cream
• 1 tsp instant coffee powder
For the dalgona coffee frosting
• 3 tbsp instant coffee
• 3 tbsp castor sugar
• 3 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius.
2. Beat together eggs and sugar till it gets light and fluffy.
3. Now add oil and beat it again.
4. Sieve maida, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl.
5. Boil 1 tbsp coffee powder with 2 tbsp of water and make a decoction.
6. Add the coffee decoction into the egg mixture. Now add vanilla essence.
7. Gradually mix the maida mixture into the egg mixture with soft hands to form a smooth cake batter. Do not over mix.
8. Add milk to get a spoon dropping consistency.
9. Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
10. Once baked, cool it at room temperature and then remove it from tin to cool completely.
Make the coffee filling now
For coffee filling, beat the whipping cream till it form soft peaks. Now add coffee powder and beat again. Set aside.
Make dalgona coffee frosting
Put coffee and sugar in a bowl. Now add hot water. Whisk the mixture till it forms soft peaks and changes color.
Time for cake layering
Once the cake cools completely, layer it with coffee cream. Now pile the dalgona coffee frosting on the top. Spread it to the edges. You can also sprinkle some coffee powder or chocolate shavings on the top to finish it up.
Serve it chilled with the beverage of your choice. If you are a coffee lover, it won’t last long. The recipe is super simple and giving it a shot is worth!