Among the emergency contraceptive pills, Birth control has a huge business in India. Many leading pharmaceutical companies produce popular contraceptive pills in India.
The good thing is that these popular contraceptive pills fit every woman’s budget and lifestyle. Also, the government of India promotes birth control to limit the rapidly growing population.
Any woman who wants to prevent pregnancy for any reason has various choices of contraceptive pills. Emergency contraceptive pills are taken just before or instantly after coming in contact to prevent unwanted pregnancies. These pills are very popular in urban areas in India. Read the article to learn about India’s five popular emergency contraceptive pills.
5 popular emergency contraceptive pills
Unwanted 72 is one of the most popular emergency contraceptive pills used to prevent unwanted pregnancy, during contraception failure, or unprotected sex.
- Unwanted 72 should be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. It consists of the levonorgestrel-like active ingredient.
- When this active material goes into the bloodstream, it blocks hormone formation, such as follicle-stimulating hormones ( FSH) or luteinizing hormones (LH).
- These hormones work to develop and release the eggs from the ovaries.
- Hence, based on the reproductive cycle, this emergency contraceptive pill is responsible for delaying ovulation.
- In any case, if the ovary is already released, then this contraceptive pill disrupts the process of egg fertilization with sperm.
- If the fertilization of eggs has already occurred, then this emergency contraceptive pill helps to prevent pregnancy by hindering the attachment process in the uterus.
- It is considered a single-dose formulation where only one dose is used as the emergency contraceptive pill.
- You should take this pill within 24-72 hours if you have unprotected sex. The earlier you take the dose of this pill, the better it will be effective.
- The best thing is that unwanted 72 is safe if you responsibly take the dose.
- On the other hand, if you do not take this pill in the right manner, then it causes the side effects like nausea, stomach cramps, and fatigue.
iPill is another popular emergency contraceptive pill used to prevent pregnancy, as well as unwanted 72.
- In simple words, it is a female hormone known as progestin used to prevent hormone therapy and unintended pregnancy. It should be taken within 24-72 hours of unprotected sex.
- iPill should be taken orally. You should know that if you take any emergency contraceptive pill late, it will not be as effective as it is when you take it earlier.
- So, it is suggested if you want to prevent pregnancy, in case of unprotected sex, then you should take iPill as soon as possible.
- These emergency contraceptive pills are used as a single agent during emergency contraception and as hormone contraceptives released from the intrauterine device.
- This emergency contraceptive pill consists of levonorgestrel, which helps to prevent the release of eggs during ovulation and prevents egg fertilization by sperm.
- iPill emergency contraceptive pills are responsible for changing the lining of the uterus and preventing the pregnancy development
- Remember that it still does not work if you are already pregnant. Hence, it is not used for abortion.
- Usually, one should take one tablet of this emergency contraceptive pill within 12-72 hours in case of contraceptive failure or unprotected sex.
- Sometimes, this pill causes side effects like lower abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, tiredness, uterine bleeding, and dizziness. These side effects subside with time.
- If the side effects persist, you should consult with your doctor.
My Pal is another popular emergency contraceptive pill that prevents pregnancy in case of unprotected sexual intercourse.
- This pill is used in case of suspected or known contraceptive failure. It is responsible for suppressing the eggs released from the ovary and prevents the fertilization of eggs with sperm.
- In some cases, the My Pal emergency contraceptive pill shows side effects like nausea, stomach upset, stomach pain, breast soreness, and irregular periods.
- It is suggested to avoid operating heavy machines or driving vehicles after taking this medication because it can cause weakness, tiredness, and dizziness.
- Ensure that to take it within 72 hours after unprotected sex. You should not take this emergency contraceptive pill if you have any allergies.
- Also, you should take this medicine if you have suspected or known pregnancy, liver tumors, abnormal uterine bleeding, thromboembolic condition, intracranial hypertension, etc.
- Before taking this emergency contraceptive pill, you should inform your doctor if you have any medical condition or are treated under these conditions.
- Remember that you should not take these contraceptive pills during pregnancy. It can go into breast milk in less amount.
- This is the reason why we suggested consulting with your doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Sirf EK tablet is also one of the popular emergency contraceptive pills used to treat hormone contraceptives and hormonal contraception. It avoids pregnancy if you take this pill within 72 hours of contact from unprotected sex.
- This emergency contraceptive pill is responsible for avoiding pregnancy for up to three years and stops or reduces the short-term changes of menopause and other conditions.
- This emergency contraceptive pill is a progestin used as hormonal contraception. It is responsible for stopping ovulation in many ways.
- It changes the path of either eggs or sperm. In some cases, it also changes the lining of the uterus, resulting in implantation.
- This emergency contraceptive pill only works effectively if you take it immediately after an unprotected course.
- You should avoid taking this emergency contraceptive pill if you want to plan pregnancy, if you have an allergy to any food, medicine, or substances, if you are a diabetic patient, if you are under the age of 17 years, etc.
Unipill is an emergency contraceptive pill that consists the synthetic hormones, like levonorgestrel.
- It prevents 85% of unexpected pregnancies if this pill is taken within 12-72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Unipill emergency contraceptive pill works by stopping the release of eggs from ovaries, preventing the sperm from egg fertilization, stop the fertilization of the eggs from attaching to the womb lining itself.
- Remember that this emergency contraceptive pill does not work if you are already pregnant.
- It is suggested to consult with your healthcare provider, so they can check whether you are already pregnant or not.
- Do not take the dose of unpill if you have an allergy to any substance or food.
There are many cases in India where women wish to avoid or postpone their pregnancy for various reasons. Millions of women in India prefer to take emergency contraceptive pills.
Rare people know that some contraceptive pills are also taken to treat several medical conditions, like cramps during menstruation, prevention of excessive bleeding, bloating, weight gain, acne, etc.
In these cases, it is good to consult with your doctor before going for any treatment with contraceptive pills.